The Effective Communities Project (ECP) helps foundations and nonprofits achieve greater mission, organizational and program effectiveness.
ECP works with the gamut of civic, public, and philanthropic organizations – Foundations, nonprofit organizations, donors, grassroots groups, agencies, associations, networks, and systems. We prefer working with organizations that seek to level the playing field, create opportunities, reduce barriers, and otherwise improve conditions that support fair and equitable progress.
GOALS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE EFFECTIVE COMMUNITIES PROJECT
- On communicating organizational results and value
- About strategies for gathering evidence to communicate progress
- On creative leadership roles inside and outside the organization
- Effectiveness of grantmaking programs
- Progress and merits of organization’s work
- Organizational capacity to meet mission
- Boards and staff about lessons learned from a lifetime of evaluation practice in the philanthropic arena
- Through materials, tools, articles, presentations publicizing the work and findings of ECP, past and present
- Via JustPhilanthropy blog from the confluence of philanthropy, justice and evaluation
- Strategic planning processes with multi-organizational and internal teams
- Development of operational action plans
- Staff retreats and trainings
- Through resource development and grant writing
- With project and program design
- Through contract for program/project implementation
The Effective Communities Project is a project of Effective Communities, LLC.
Original content © 2011 Effective Communities, LLC. All rights reserved.
Your comments and invitations welcome.